New Students

What will I be given at Enrolment

Student ID card

At the enrolment centre your photograph will be taken and your student ID card will be produced for you there and then. This card will grant you access to buildings, you can use it to join the gym and, if you are fully enrolled, it will let you borrow books from the Library. Please note that if you are temporarily enrolled, you will not be able to borrow books until you are fully enrolled.

Student letters (September start – main enrolment only)

Once you are fully enrolled you will be able to self-serve and access your official Student Status Letter online. The Student Status Letter can be used as a bank letter, for council tax exemption purposes and as a certificate of study.

Both your term-time and home addresses need to be correct on your MySIS record before you come to enrol as they will feature in your letter. Your term-time address is where you live whilst you are studying at QMUL and your home address is your permanent home residence.

Find out more about the Student Status Letter.

IT account

You will be sent your IT credentials via email in advance of enrolment. You can find out more information about accessing the University's Wi-Fi and your email on the IT Services Website.