In 2015, Queen Mary University of London became one of the first Higher Education Institutions in the United Kingdom to deliver Degree Apprenticeships.
Situated conveniently between the financial heart of the City of London, the Fintech hub of Canary Wharf and the insurgent start-ups of Tech City in Shoreditch, Queen Mary is uniquely positioned to deliver Degree Apprenticeship programmes to industry with the utmost convenience, minimum disruption and to the highest academic and professional standards.
Delivering to both levy-paying and non-levy paying organisations, we partner with a diverse range of employers including a number of leading international financial services firms and banks, global pharmaceutical firms, national retailers, IT/technology companies and a growing number of SME’s and organisations from the third and charitable sectors.
Queen Mary University of London is one of the UK's leading research-focused Higher Education Institutions. We have 25,000 students, 4,000 staff and an annual turnover of £400m.
We teach and research across a wide range of subjects in the humanities, social sciences, law, medicine and dentistry, and science and engineering. We have been based in a creative and culturally diverse area of east London for over 130 years – our main site in Mile End is one of the largest self-contained residential campuses in the capital.
Queen Mary is an approved provider on the ESFA’s Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers.
Why Choose Queen Mary University of London
- WORLD-CLASS UNIVERSITY - We are in the top 125 universities in the
world and the top 50 in Europe (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018).
- DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP PIONEER - We were the first Russell Group university to deliver Degree Apprenticeships and we remain at the forefront of this type of delivery.
- GO TO PARTNER FOR INDUSTRY - Close links with industry, including
Goldman Sachs, GSK, BBC, Broadridge Financial, Experian, John Lewis, Xantura, Goji Investments, Sapphire Systems, Global and IBM.
- EXCEPTIONAL FACILITIES - 105m on new facilities in the past five years. 7,700 square metres of new learning and teaching space with the opening of the £39m Graduate Centre in early 2017.
- HIGH-QUALITY TEACHING - 9 Nobel Prize-winning alumni and staff. 55 academy and society fellows among Queen Mary academic staff. Personal Adviser support system for every Degree Apprentice.
- INNOVATIVE RESEARCH - QMUL ranked 9th in the UK for the quality of its
research, and 5th for ‘world-leading or internationally excellent’ research outputs in the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).