How Advice and Counselling can help
The Advice and Counselling Service provides a range of specialist, professional and confidential services to support students and applicants.
We have a team of Counsellors to support you with emotional and personal issues.
We also have a team of Welfare Advisers to support you with financial, practical and immigration advice.
We have lots of helpful practical guidance on our website, including:
- Money advice – how to fund your studies, plan your budget, pay your tuition fees, and funding for students with specific circumstances
- What to do if your Student Finance is delayed
- Support for students without family contact or who are care experienced
- Essential information for students from the EU/EEA or Switzerland about your rights in the UK and what you need to do
- Information for international students – visas, money, changes to your studies, travelling in and out of the UK
You can find information about emotional support on our website, including:
- Transitioning to university
- Support for specific issues
- Support and resources for BAME students
- Help in a crisis
You can find out more about our services on our website, and contact us via our web form.