Careers and Enterprise
Services and opportunities available to you:
Careers and Enterprise can support you in finding part-time work and work experience from the moment you arrive at Queen Mary, all the way through to helping you secure further study or a graduate job when you leave. Every school has a dedicated Careers Consultant, providing workshops and one-to-one careers appointments all designed to help you grow in your career thinking and secure success.
Hear from Abi Gaston below, one of the managers here at Careers and Enterprise, who talks about some of the ways in which we can support first year students:
The first year is a great time to start exploring your job options. We can help you do that through our employer events, alumni panels and QTaster programme, where you sample different job sectors through employer visits. If you think you may want to start your own business, then link into our enterprise programme which offers training and seed funding for aspiring entrepreneurs.
If you are looking for a part-time job or work experience, visit our jobs and experience page to find:
- Part-time jobs and internships across the UK on QM Careers Hub
- Queen Mary exclusive work experience schemes QInterns and The Student Consultancy Project
- Temp jobs on and local to campus through QTemps
- First-year insight schemes run by employers
For those looking for help with how to do well in the employer recruitment process for jobs and work experience, get help through our:
- Online CV feedback tool, available 24/7 to help you create or strengthen your CV
- Application Appointments to get feedback on CVs, cover letters and application forms
- Practice Interviews with one of our expert advisers to get a test run before the real thing
- Video interview and psychometric test practice software
Hear from students who have used our services:
For more information, visit us in WG3, Queens’ Building, Monday – Friday, and visit our website, which houses a wealth of online materials including specific resources, advice and information for international students, students with a disability and students from a black and minority ethnic background.