Dr Franziska Arnold-Dwyer, PhD (QMUL), LLM (UCL), LLB (UCL), Solicitor (England & Wales)
Lecturer in Insurance Law & Specialism Director for Insurance Law
Centre: Centre of Commercial Law Studies
Email: email@example.comRoom Number: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Franziska has been teaching Insurance Law LLM modules at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies since 2016. Prior to returning to Academia, Franziska practised law in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department at Clifford Chance LLP, one of the world’s leading law firms. Franziska is one of the editors of ‘The Law of Reinsurance’, the leading practitioners’ textbook in the field, and has published several papers on insurance law. She is deputy editor of the BILA Journal, regularly speaks at insurance industry events and has had educational engagements at law firms. She has assisted the Law Commission and the Scottish Law Commission with their current insurable interest reform project.
- SOLM138 General Principles of Insurance Law (Convenor)
- SOLM139 Insurance Regulation
- SOLM140 Insurance Contracts (Convenor)
- SOLM141 Reinsurance Law (Convenor)
- SOLM144 Marine Insurance Law
- SOLM225 Art Transactions
Franziska’s main research interests lie in insurance law and regulation, and commercial law.
- Contributing author: O’Neill and Woloniecki, The Law of Reinsurance in England and Bermuda (5th edn., London: Sweet & Maxwell, 2019). Authored chapters 4-6 (370 pages) and responsible for editorial work on other chapters. Also contributed to previous (4th) edition. Acting as executive author for next edition.
- Insurance Law Reform by Degrees: Late Payment and Insurable Interest, (2017) 80 Modern Law Review 489
- Taking an Interest in Insurable Interest, (2015) Lloyd’s Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly 271
- The Disclosure of Unfounded Allegations in Business Insurance, (2014) UCL Journal of Law and Jurisprudence 173
- Mass claims in ICSID arbitrations, DLA Piper International Arbitration Newsletter, December 2011
- The Effect of the Bribery Act 2010 on the Insurance Sector, Clifford Chance Insurance Client Briefing (March 2011)
- The Front Comor, Clifford Chance Insurance Review, Summer 2009
- Capital Management in Current Market Conditions, Reinsurance Legal Review, Summer 2009
- The WEF's Report on the Convergence of Insurance and Capital Markets, Clifford Chance Insurance Review, Winter 2009
- Takaful Insurance in the UK, Clifford Chance Insurance Review, Winter 2008
- Post-inception Disclosure Duties, Insurance Day, October 2007
- Mitigation of Expropriation Risk by Governmental Entities, The In-House Lawyer, April 2007
- The ILS Environment in Bermuda and London, Clifford Chance Insurance Review, Spring 2007
- Proposals for Regulation of Insurance SPVs, Insurance Day 08/2006
- IPT on Reinsurance of Surety Bonds, Insurance Day, August 2005
- Insurance of Artwork, Insurance Law Monthly, 09/2004
- The Identification of Contracts of Insurance, Clifford Chance Insurance Review, Autumn 2004
- The Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 1930, Clifford Chance Insurance Review, Spring 2003.
- LLM Dissertation supervisions
- Academic Placement with the Law Commission and the Scottish Law Commission (2015)
- Deputy Editor of the BILA Journal