The International Foundation Programme in Business and Management (IFP BM) offers a bespoke route to undergraduate degrees in Management and Business related subjects*. It provides pathways to the three areas offered at undergraduate level by the School of Business and Management at Queen Mary: Management, Marketing, and Accounting.
The programme is fully integrated with Queen Mary University of London, which is part of both the University of London and the Russell Group, and includes academic and study skills modules taught by university academic staff.
Your QM Education
you prepare for a Business degree at a Russell Group university, designed specifically for ambitious international students
you attend seminars and lectures given by our brilliant teaching team, all highly qualified and experienced members of QMUL staff
you receive personal attention and support to achieve your full potential; external examiners consistently highlight the excellent standards in teaching and support
Compulsory : English Language and Study Skills, Introduction to Business Management, Maths for Business
Optional: choose ONE from Introduction to Politics, Introduction to Film Studies, Introduction to Human Geography, Introduction to English Literature, Twentieth Century History I : 1900-1945, French Language and Culture, Spanish Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture
Compulsory : Independent Study Project, Management, and EITHER Marketing OR Accounting for Business Decisions
Optional : choose ONE from Introduction to International Relations, European and American Art Cinema, The Human Geography of London, , Introduction to American Literature, Twentieth Century History II : 1945 - 1990, French Language and Culture, Spanish Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture
Revision week and exam period.
For further details on module content, click here.
Your QM Experience
- as an IFP student at Queen Mary, you will be a full member of both QMUL and the University of London
- you are guaranteed accommodation on our Mile End campus**; live within the heart of our friendly and vibrant campus
- you will experience a truly diverse international programme on a truly diverse international campus, surrounded by all the wonderful opportunities that London has to offer
- QMUL PROGRESSION: if you achieve an average grade of 60 in your second semester modules with 60 in Management and 60 in your Independent Study Project you can progress to the prestigious School of Business and Management at QMUL, which offers a range of degree specialisms and combinations - click here for more details
- The School of Business and Management (SBM) at Queen Mary is committed to educating students in ways which prepare them for life and work, and supporting their search for employment.
- On the IFP you will meet SBM faculty who will also teach you on your degree programme and receive peer support from current undergraduates, so the programme gives you a real head start for your future degree
Prior to the IFP, I grew up achieving grades that were slightly above average in school. I did not stand out much and I certainly did not do as well as I could have. Upon joining the International Foundation Program, I was given the correct stepping stones by my lecturers and tutors to improve myself, not only academically but also in other aspects such as social skills and video editing to name a few. As a student of the IFP, my friends and I were given many opportunities to improve ourselves. The encouragement given by our tutors was what kept me going to get to where I am now. The learning experience felt more like a hobby than a chore, and I can gladly say that I enjoyed every second of it.