Grow It awards
Are you an ambitious entrepreneur ready to grow your impact?
If you already have a business or social enterprise you can apply for a grant of up to £3,000 to grow it. You will need to be able to show that you already have a product or service that has been tested on customers and you have generated revenue.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have identified a challenge worth solving and developed a business model that works to solve it
- You are experienced, ambitious and capable of growing your venture
- You have a realistic plan for growth
- You are a current QMUL student or graduated less than two years ago
- You will be living in the UK during the period that the award money is spent
About your business or social enterprise:
- Your business is at least 6 months old and ideally less than 5 years old
- You have compelling performance to date and/or a logical and appropriate plan for rapid growth to reach local, regional or national scale
- Your venture is predominantly based in the UK
We encourage you to book an Enterprise Appointment with the Enterprise team before submitting your application. To book an appointment, call 020 7882 8533 or book online
How to apply
- Download and complete our Grow It Award application [DOC 173KB]
- Create a 2-minute video pitch (max) that introduces your idea. In your pitch you should include:
- A summary of your idea
- What problem are you solving and your solution
- Who your customers/ users are (e.g. who you think would pay for it)
- Why you need funding, and how this funding will allow you to test your concept
- Upload your video by the next available deadline to any hosting service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and write the link on your application form
- Submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the next available deadline.
- If your application is successful you will be invited to pitch again in person at a panel interview.
Round 1: Friday13th November 2020 – Sunday 13th December 2020, 11:59pm
Interviews: 25th / 26th / 27th January 2021 (Subject to panel availability)
Round 2: Friday 5th March 2021 - Monday 5th April 2021, 11:59pm
Interviews: 12th / 13th / 14th April 2021 (Subject to panel availability)
If you have any queries or issues submitting your application, please email us at email@example.com