For international students
As an international student, you probably have many questions about working in the UK during and after your studies, or about working abroad after you graduate. We can help you to develop your skills whilst studying so that you can make the most of your opportunities after study.
What we can do for you
- You have access to 1-2-1 appointments with a Careers Consultant, who can assist with choosing a career and developing your CV.
- Organise events and provide information about different career paths, employers and sectors, including information about working in the UK, at home or any other country of your choice.
- Advice on finding part-time work, work experience or internships
- Help with making , writing and preparing for
- Provide a part-time and full-time online job vacancy database -
- Check out the QMJobsBlog for common questions answered
Please note we can help you find out about employers, but we do not place students in companies. Learning and Development can help with correcting spelling and grammar on CVs or application forms (on campus), as we don't have time to cover this in one-to-one careers appointments.
UK work regulations
The Advice and Counselling department at QMUL offers international students advice on money, immigration and other practical aspects of coming to live and study in the UK. Please contact them for advice and information about your legal rights to work in the UK during your course.
*Please note that Advice & Counselling deliver working after study advice only at organised sessions 3 times a year in November, February & May*