Launch It Awards
Are you an entrepreneur who is ready to launch your business or social enterprise, but you need funding to make it happen?
Do you have a side hustle you want to make official?
Have you developed your product or service, engaged with potential customers but need funding to refine it and get sales underway?
Have you developed an MVP and engaged with potential users but looking to introduce it to a wider audience?
You can apply for a grant of up to £3,000 to launch your product or service. You will need to be able to show that you already have tested and validated your business/ social enterprise/ freelance idea. (eg: you’ve engaged with potential customers or developed a minimal viable product)
If you are looking to test your idea, apply to our Try It awards.
Have a look at Burg, Launch it award winners, telling you why you should apply.
Who we're looking for:
- You have identified a challenge worth solving and developed a business model that works to solve it
- You have validated your idea by engaging with customers and/or developed a minimal viable product
- You have spotted the market need and/or opportunity and you are able to describe the market size
- You have a realistic and specific plan to launch
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a proven business or social enterprise idea: you’ve validated your idea by engaging with your early adopters and potential customers or developed a minimal viable product.
- demonstrate that you have early adopters of your product or service.
- be current QMUL student or graduated less than two years ago or if you're part of a team, the lead applicant is a QMUL student or graduated less than two years ago.
- Have a QM Careers Hub account. If you are a graduate, you can still access QM Careers Hub (TargetConnect) However your student details will no longer work and you will need to register for an graduate account. Once you have registered, the Careers team will approve this and merge your existing student account with your new graduate account so you don’t lose any of your profile. If you have any questions about your QM Careers Hub account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note it might take a few days to register for your new account, so please take this into consideration.
- Your venture is predominantly based in the UK
You aren't eligible if:
- You are a current international student. Due to T4 Student Visa restrictions, we are not able to fund you or your business idea. However you can apply to our Build it Award.
- You have not yet validated your business idea. You will need to demonstrate in your application form and in the interview people engaging, using or paying for your product and/or service.
We encourage you to book an Enterprise Appointment with the Enterprise team before submitting your application. To book an appointment, call 020 7882 8533 or book online
How to apply
- Complete our application form on QM Careers Hub.
- Create a 2-minute video pitch (max) that introduces your idea. In your pitch you should include:
- A summary of your idea
- What problem are you solving and your solution
- Who your customers/ users are (e.g. who you think would pay for it)
- Why you need funding, and how this funding will allow you to launch your idea
- Upload your video by the next available deadline to any hosting service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and write the link on your application form. Do not attach your video by email, as it is often very heavy and we won't be able to watch it.
If your application is successful you will be invited to pitch again in person or online at a panel interview.
Applications are now closed until the next academic year.
If you have any queries or issues submitting your application, please email us at email@example.com