Try It awards
If you have an idea for a social or commercial enterprise you’d like to set up, you can apply for up to £500 of funding to help you to test your concept. If you are successful, you will be fast-tracked for a place on QIncubator to receive training and mentoring from industry experts over the course of a 8-week programme.
At this stage you don’t need to have a business plan, just a problem you want to solve and some idea of how you might do it.
We encourage you to book an Enterprise Appointment with QEnterprise before submitting your video. To book an appointment, call 020 7882 8533.
How to apply
1) Create a 2-minute video pitch that introduces your idea. In your pitch you should include:
- A summary of your idea
- Why you want to set it up
- Who your customers/ users are (e.g. who you think would pay for it)
- Why you need funding, and how this funding will allow you to test your concept
3) Upload your video by the next available deadline to any hosting service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and send the link (and password if necessary) to email@example.com
4) If your application is successful you will be invited to pitch again in person at a panel interview.
Round 1: Friday 13th November 2020 – Sunday 13th December 2020, 11:59pm
Interviews: 25th / 26th / 27th January 2021 (Subject to panel availability)
Round 2: Friday 5th March 2021 - Monday 5th April 2021, 11:59pm
Interviews: 12th / 13th / 14th April 2021 (Subject to panel availability)
If you have any queries or issues submitting your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org