Try It awards
If you have an idea for a social or commercial enterprise you’d like to set up, you can apply for up to £500 of funding to help you to test your concept. We also welcome ideas for students or graduates looking to be self-employed. If you are successful, you will be fast-tracked for a place on to receive training and mentoring from industry experts over the course of a 8-week programme.
At this stage you don’t need to have a business plan, just a problem you want to solve and some idea of how you might do it.
We encourage you to book an Enterprise Appointment with the Enterprise team before submitting your application form and video. To book an appointment, call 020 7882 8533 or book online.
How to apply
- Complete our application form on QM Careers Hub.
- Create a 2-minute video pitch (max) that introduces your idea. In your pitch you should include:
- A summary of your idea
- What problem are you solving and your solution
- Who your customers/ users are (e.g. who you think would pay for it)
- Why you need funding, and how this funding will allow you to test your concept
- Upload your video to any hosting service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and write the link on your application form. Do not send your video via email as they are often very heavy and we won't be able to watch them.
- If your application is successful you will be invited to pitch again in person at a panel interview.
Applications are closed for this academic year.
If you have any queries or issues submitting your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org