Build It awards
If you have an idea that you can’t test before you’ve developed a prototype, you can apply for up to £10,000 to develop one (e.g. an app, website, or physical prototype).
To win a Build It prize you need to undertake significant market research to show that your product has commercial potential and offers an innovative solution to a market need. We’ll also ask you to outline exactly how this money would help you to take your idea to the next stage (e.g. trials, manufacturing, or raising further finance).
Who we’re looking for:
- You have identified a challenge worth solving and developed a business model that works to solve it
- You are experienced, ambitious and capable of growing your venture
- You have a realistic plan for developing your idea
- You are a current QMUL student or graduated less than two years ago.
- You will be living in the UK during the period that the award money is spent.
- You own the IP (intellectual property) of your idea
We encourage you to book an Enterprise Appointment with QEnterprise before submitting your application. To book an appointment, call 020 7882 8533.
How to apply:
1) Create a 2-minute video pitch that introduces your idea. In your pitch you should include:
- A summary of your idea
- Why you want to set it up
- Who your customers/ users are (e.g. who you think would pay for it)
- Why you need funding, and how this funding will allow you to test your concept
3) If your application is successful, you will be invited to pitch again in person at a panel interview.
Round 1: Friday13th November 2020 – Sunday 13th December 2020, 11:59pm
Interviews: 25th / 26th / 27th January 2021 (Subject to panel availability)
Round 2: Friday 5th March 2021 - Monday 5th April 2021, 11:59pm
Interviews: 12th / 13th / 14th April 2021 (Subject to panel availability)
If you have any queries or issues submitting your application, please email us at email@example.com