Build It awards
If you have an idea that you can’t test before you’ve developed a prototype, you can apply for up to £10,000 to develop one (e.g. an app, website, or physical prototype).
To win a Build It Award, you need to undertake significant market research to show that your product has commercial potential and offers an innovative solution to a market need. We’ll also ask you to outline exactly how this money would help you to take your idea to the next stage (e.g. trials, manufacturing, or raising further finance).
Who we’re looking for
- You have identified a challenge worth solving and developed a business model that works to solve it
- You are experienced, ambitious and capable of growing your venture
- You have a realistic plan for developing your idea
- You are a current QMUL student or graduated less than two years ago.
- You will be living in the UK during the period that the award money is spent.
- You own the IP (intellectual property) of your idea
We encourage you to book an Enterprise Appointment with the Enterprise Team before submitting your application. To book an appointment, call 020 7882 8533 or book online
How to apply
- Complete our application form on QM Careers Hub. Register your interest to be the get a reminder when our applications are open
- Create a 2-minute video pitch (max) that introduces your idea. In your pitch you should include:
- A summary of your idea
- What problem are you solving and your solution
- Who your customers/ users are (e.g. who you think would pay for it)
- Why you need funding, and how this funding will allow you to test your concept
- Upload your video by the next available deadline to any hosting service such as YouTube or Vimeo, and write the link on your application form
- If your application is successful you will be invited to pitch again in person at a panel interview.
Applications will be open between Wednesday 13th February 2022 - Sunday 13th March 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 21st March 2022 (Subject to panel availability)
If you have any queries or issues submitting your application, please email us at email@example.com