Why Queen Mary?
Queen Mary University of London has been ranked as the best Russell Group university for social mobility for a second consecutive year.
- We have over 31,000 students on degree programmes and close to 4,500 members of staff.1
- Our students are drawn from over 170 nationalities: approximately 41 per cent are from overseas.
- Queen Mary was recognised as the most inclusive Russell Group university in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. The authors noted: “Queen Mary continues to prove that social inclusion and academic success are not mutually exclusive.”
- Of our London domestic undergraduate students, more than 92 per cent are from state schools; 75 per cent are BAME, and 49 per cent are first into higher education.
- In 2021, a Sutton Trust report named us as the best university for social mobility in the country.
Skills, aspirations and social capital
- We are a Russell Group institution based in east London, teaching across the full disciplinary spectrum.
- Our curriculum is constantly changing to broaden the UG experience, build social capital and enhance prospects on graduation, allowing graduates to make a positive societal impact.
- We were the first Russell Group institution to deliver Degree Apprenticeship programmes and remain at the forefront of this type of delivery.
- We sponsor two local Multi Academy Trusts, which have both seen rapid improvement in pupil outcomes.
Our UK-based students are spread across three faculties: Medicine & Dentistry, Humanities & Social Sciences, and Science & Engineering. Students will fall into one of the following schools:
|Queen Mary University of London Schools|
|Biological and Chemical Sciences||Business and Management|
|Economics and Finance||Electronic Engineering and Computer Science|
|Engineering and Materials Science||English and Drama|
|Languages, Linguistics and Film||Law|
|Mathematical Sciences||Medicine and Dentistry|
|Physics and Astronomy||Politics and International Relations|
Our statement of intent for inclusivity at careers events
- Queen Mary Careers and Enterprise want to ensure that our events bring inspiration and confidence to our students and promote inclusivity. For more information, please read our statement of intent. Queen Mary Careers Events Statement of Intent [PDF 140KB]
- To monitor inclusivity at events, we collect optional Special Category Data from speakers. For more information on the process and purpose, please read our Special Category Data statement. Special Category Data statement [PDF 126KB]