Why Queen Mary?
Queen Mary University of London has been ranked as the country’s top university for social mobility, according to a new report by the Institute for Fiscal Studies in partnership with the Sutton Trust and Department for Education.
- The profile of our undergraduate students in London is distinctive for a Russell Group university (and any research-leading university across the world):
- 91% are from state school;
- 60% are BAME;
- 42% are first into Higher Education;
- 27% are from households where the annual taxable income is less than £10k
- We have close to 26,000 students, drawn from 162 nationalities. Approximately 9% are from the EU and 35% from non-EU overseas countries.
- Approximately 4,000 of our students are based offshore, predominately in China.
Skills, aspirations and social capital
- We are a Russell Group institution based in east London, teaching across the full disciplinary spectrum.
- Our curriculum is constantly changing to broaden the UG experience, build social capital and enhance prospects on graduation, allowing graduates to make a positive societal impact.
- We were the first Russell Group institution to deliver Degree Apprenticeship programmes and remain at the forefront of this type of delivery.
- We sponsor two local Multi Academy Trusts, which have both seen rapid improvement in pupil outcomes.
Our UK-based students are spread across three faculties: Medicine & Dentistry, Humanities & Social Sciences, and Science & Engineering. Students will fall into one of the following schools:
|Queen Mary University of London Schools|
|Biological and Chemical Sciences||Business and Management|
|Economics and Finance||Electronic Engineering and Computer Science|
|Engineering and Materials Science||English and Drama|
|Languages, Linguistics and Film||Law|
|Mathematical Sciences||Medicine and Dentistry|
|Physics and Astronomy||Politics and International Relations|
Our statement of intent for inclusivity at careers events
- Queen Mary Careers and Enterprise want to ensure that our events bring inspiration and confidence to our students and promote inclusivity. For more information, please read our statement of intent. Queen Mary Careers Events Statement of Intent [PDF 140KB]
- To monitor inclusivity at events, we collect optional Special Category Data from speakers. For more information on the process and purpose, please read our Special Category Data statement. Special Category Data statement [PDF 126KB]