Who can apply?
Open to undergraduate and postgraduate Queen Mary students from:
- All Schools in Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Biological and Behavioural Sciences
Why take part?
- Gain real-life work experience and build your CV
- Develop professional communication, research, analytical and time management skills
- Increase your employer network
- Add your micro-internship employer as a reference in future internship/ graduate job applications
- List the Micro Internship programme on your digital transcript, the Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
Past students' experiences
“This Micro Internship not only gave me the opportunity to put the skills I currently have -- such as research, time-management and responsibility -- to practice, but it also enabled me to develop and refine those skills for the better. It also certainly provided me with the valuable work experience I need to enhance my CV/resume.”
“My communication skills have also increased highly as well, I was in constant communication with the people at my micro-internship so that I could make sure the project was fit for their requirements.”