Statement of service
You can use Queen Mary Careers and Enterprise if you are:
- a current full-time student of Queen Mary
- a part-time student of Queen Mary following a college-accredited degree or post-graduate programme of study lasting at least one academic year
- a graduate of Queen Mary from within the past two years
- Staff are seen at the discretion of the Head of Service. Please ask for details.
What we offer you
- Opportunities, delivered by employers and Careers Consultants
- One-to-one appointments with Careers Consultants who will help you to identify your options, make decisions and plan your next steps
- One-to-one CV, application form or personal statement feedback
- One-to-one practice interviews
- Access to a range of vacancy services and work experience programmes
- Enterprise appointments and funding opportunities for starting your own business
- Information on a range of job and career related topics, from developing commercial awareness and evidencing competencies, to how to network and develop a LinkedIn profile.
- Access to online resources such as a mock interview simulator, practice psychometric tests and job market information
All University of London intercollegiate students (i.e. undergraduates and postgraduates from other University of London Colleges taking courses at Queen Mary) are entitled to use our events and services throughout the year. However our enterprise seed funding options and work experience programmes (QConsult, QInterns, QProjects and QTemps) are not currently offered, due to funder requirements. Careers Services at your home institution may offer seed funding and work experience programmes.
How to provide us with feedback
Feeback, both positive and negative, underpins continuous, quality improvement of our service and is vital to us.
Complaints will be dealt with in accordance with The Careers Group complaints procedure. Any complaint should be made to an appropriate member of staff. If you feel unable to approach a member of staff, you should raise the matter with the Head of Careers & Enterprise. Please contact us if you would like clarification or a copy of the procedure.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Queen Mary Careers and Enterprise is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We aim to ensure all individuals have an equal access to and benefit from our services and opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation.
For specific resources supporting students with a disability you can find out more here. For resources supporting students from a black and minority ethnic background please see here.