Step two: Allocations and Offers
Room allocations for successful applicants are made during the period July to September.
- If you are successful in obtaining a place in halls, you will be sent an email giving you instructions on how to view and accept this offer via the online accommodation system. You are advised to check the email address you gave us on a regular basis to see if you have been made an offer of housing, missed deadlines may result in you losing your room allocation. It is advisable to store our email address email@example.com in your contacts list to prevent these emails being treated as spam.
- If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a place in halls, you will be given further information on how the waiting list for halls operates, or if required, help finding alternative accommodation.
Mature students will, subject to availability, be allocated into flats with other mature students. We define a mature student as being age 22 or over at time of application.
Requests for single sex accommodation is only available in halls where the bathroom facilities are shared.
Offers of housing are usually made at the following times:
• Returning students (supported by the Disability and Dyslexia service) from mid-July onwards
• 1st year Undergraduate and Postgraduate applicants from mid-July onwards
• 1st Semester Associate (Study Abroad) and International Foundation applicants from mid-August onwards
• 2nd Semester Associate (Study Abroad) and International Foundation applicants from mid-November onwards
• Mid academic session applicants will be handled by this Office on an individual basis
The Housing Services will be unable to give you information on your housing application status prior to these dates. However you will be able to monitor the progress of your application online by accessing your web accommodation account at: residencesonline.qmul.ac.uk.
QMUL student accommodation is oversubscribed and whilst you are asked to prioritise your preferences, no guarantees are made. All allocations are made at the sole discretion of the University.
Residential License Dates:
- Undergraduates - from Saturday 12 September 2020 to Sunday 6 June 2021
- Postgraduates - from Saturday 12 September 2020 to Saturday 5 September 2021
- 1st Year Medical students - from Saturday 12 September 2020 to Sunday 6 June 2021
- Study Abroad/Associates (Autumn term) - from Saturday 12 September 2020 to Thursday 31 December 2020
- Study Abroad/Associates (Spring Term) - from Tuesday 12 January 2021 to Sunday 6 June 2021
- Pre-Sessional A's (13 week programme) - from Wednesday 10 June 2020 to Sunday 6 September 2020
- Pre-Sessional B's (9 week programme) - from Wednesday 8 July 2020 to Sunday 6 September 2020
- Pre-Sessional C's (5 week programme) - from Wednesday 5 August 2020 to Sunday 6 September 2020
*Note - Residents are required to check out by 10:00hrs on the last day of their licence agreement, and will be sent leaving instructions nearer the time.
** Note - Pre-Sessional English Language Programme students, who are moving into different Halls before the start of their main course of study, will be sent separate instructions nearer the time.