Overview of Residences
Features of en-suite and non en-suite bedrooms
- All bedrooms are carpeted and equipped with a single bed** (on average 90cmx190cm), wardrobe, desk and chair, as well as storage space and bookshelves. (**With the exception of Aspire Point, Eleanor Rosa House, France House, Ifor Evans Place, Lindop House, and Stocks Court - which are equipped with a queen sized bed (small double) – 4'0"x 6'3" (120x190cm).
- Communal kitchens for 3-11 students, fully equipped with fridge/freezers, cookers, microwave ovens, washing up facilities, storage cupboards, food preparation surfaces, and dining areas.
- As part of our plan to save energy and reduce our carbon footprint, the decision has been taken to remove mini fridges from en-suite rooms at the Mile End Campus and replace these with new shared fridge-freezers in flat kitchens. The removal of mini fridges will be carried out as a phased approach.
Mini-fridges only remain in Feilden House. All other residences are supplied with a shared fridge freezer within the communal kitchen area.
We will give advance notice to residents before removing mini fridges and thank you in advance for assisting with our commitment to reduce energy usage.
In line with Queen Mary’s Sustainability programme students will not be permitted to bring their own fridge to the room.
- Basic insurance up to £5,000
- Launderettes situated in, or close to, all residences.
- Shop, 200-seat restaurant, central reception and Security Lodge (which is staffed on a 24-hour-a-day basis) on the Mile End Campus.
Important Note: Definitions relating to en-suite rooms (e.g. premium, standard and economy) relate to the facilities in the room and numbers of residents sharing kitchen/dining areas, not to the quality of the decor or age of the building (**With the exception of Aspire Point where the room grading is based on the view - partial/restricted/uninterrupted, and Eleanor Rosa House where the room grading is based on the size of the room).
Students are required to provide:
- Bed linen, towels, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
Please note: there are no parking facilities available to students living in any Queen Mary residences. However, as a resident you can apply for a local authority parking permit to park in the streets nearby.
Summer vacation accommodation
Students who want accommodation during the summer vacation period will be required to complete a separate application form available from Housing Services in March. Places will be allocated subject to availability, and will not necessarily be in the same room or residence as previously occupied. Priority is given to postgraduate students and students with extenuating circumstances (eg care leavers and estranged students).
Please view our dedicated page on family accommodation.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) - Disclosure to 3rd Parties
It is QMUL policy to deal with applicants and students direct and not with their parents or guardians. All applicants and students, regardless of their age, have rights under the General Data Protection Regulations and Queen Mary will not disclose information to their parents and guardians without the student’s explicit written permission.