MSc Financial Mathematics
This programme is designed to equip students with the skills needed for a successful career in the more quantitative areas of banking and financial markets, or in financial mathematics research.
You will gain a clear understanding of modern financial mathematics, together with a range of numerical and computational techniques that form an important part of the toolkit of a typical practitioner.
This rigorous training will prepare you for a career in fields such as quantitative analysis, trading, financial engineering and structuring, risk management, and software development.
- Queen Mary is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK universities, combining world-class research and teaching excellence
- Develop modern financial mathematical skills that prepare you for careers in risk management, trading, quantitative analysis and more
- Learn from lecturers with considerable experience in investment banking and financial markets
- Take two modules taught by the School of Economics and Finance
- Access to Bloomberg terminals for Bloomberg Market Concepts qualification
The programme consists of eight taught modules and a project and dissertation. In semester one, you will take three compulsory modules and one elective module. In semester two, you will take two compulsory modules and two elective modules. You will begin by learning about the structure of financial instruments and the operation of the markets, foundations of mathematical modelling in finance, and statistical techniques for analysing time series data. You will then study more advanced topics, including a range of methods for pricing financial derivatives and managing their risks.