Our MSc Mathematics programme is a flexible course which opens doors to further research or top careers requiring advanced mathematical ability.
Mathematics graduates are in high demand across industry, due to their rigorous numerical skills, problem-solving capabilities and analytical approach.
- Queen Mary is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK universities, combining world-class research and teaching excellence
- An extremely flexible programme with a vast range of elective modules allowing you to tailor your degree to your interests
- Enhance your academic and professional credentials
- Mathematics dissertation will give you the opportunity to interact with our world class research groups and even develop your own original contribution (excellent preparation for those interested in pursuing a PhD)
- Mathematics students enjoy access to spacious postgraduate office study space and recently refurbished computing lab
Our alumni have gone on to roles in research (PhD), statistical analysis, technology consulting, auditing, software engineering, teaching and more, working across the public and private sectors.
The programme consists of eight taught modules (seven of which can be chosen according to your own areas of interest) and a project and dissertation. Past dissertation topic examples include:
- Jump-diffusion models for equity prices
- The LIBOR market model for interest rate derivatives
- Classical groups and simplicity
- Deterministic chaos
- The rendezvous search problem
- Proof of the Sylow theorem
The thing I most enjoy about my degree is constant learning and self-improvement.— Stuti Malik, MSc Mathematics