Industry Research Engagement Day - Advanced Dental Materials for Biomineralisation and Biomimetics
The Dental Institute at QMUL has long been regarded as world leader in the area of Dental materials research. To share and showcase our research strengths we are hosting a Research Engagement day on the theme of Advanced Dental Materials for Biomineralisation and Biomimetics. During this event you will gain an exclusive insight into the latest cutting edge research in the world of dental materials. Key aims of the event will be to:
- Share and showcase our latest cutting edge research and technical expertise.
- Provide an overview of UK funding landscape and opportunities to work collaboratively to solve future challenges.
- Highlight the resources, skills and facilities available at QMUL to support your business.
- Broaden your network and enable you to make meaningful connections.
Time & Location
28 November 2019, 09:30 – 13.00
Milton Lecture Theatre
Garrod Building, located at Turner Street, Whitechapel, E1 2AD
We have an impressive line-up of leading experts who will share the latest research in a thought-provoking event.
09:30 – 09:45 Registration / Coffee
09:45 –10:45 Keynote Speakers
- Overview of Institute of Dentistry research at QMUL: Professor Robert Hill
- Innovate UK: Collaborative funding opportunities, Michael Kipping,
- Technology co-creation with Institute of Dentistry: P.S.P. DENTA, Avtar Photay
- Routes of engagement and funding opportunities for collaborative R&D: Kalpana Chaturvedi
10:45 - 11:45 Academic Technical sessions
- Layered Double Hydroxides - The Fluoride Ion Battery, Mangala Patel
- Novel Antibacterial Chlorhexidine Particles, Mike Cattell
- Remineralising Glass ionomer Cements, Natalia Kapukhina
- Use of X-ray Microtomography in Dental Materials, Graham Davis
- Additive Manufacturing of Synthetic Teeth, Alex Cresswell
11.45-12.00 Coffee break
12:00 - 13:00 Industry challenges
GSK David Bradshaw
Ceradynamics Ltd Dr. Xu Cao
Advanced Healthcare Dr Ioannis Kartanos
13:00 – Lunch, Tour of Dental Institute facilities, Posters, Networking, One-One’ with academics
Please click here to download the full programm - Dental Materials Programme [PDF 4,479KB]
Please click here to book a place - https://www.eventbrite.com/o/27926304253