Dr Omar Silverio Anica
Spanish Language Instructor
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 02078822989Room Number: Arts One 1.08Office Hours: By consultation
Dr. Omar Silverio Anica holds a BA in English & Latin American Studies from the University of Auckland, New Zealand, where he subsequently completed a Masters in Translation Studies and a Doctorate in Contemporary Mexican Theatre, focussing on texts dealing with social issues such as migration, feminicides, and counterhistories, topics that he incorporates into his Reading and Writing modules alongside other issues of social significance. He has taught Spanish at QMUL since 2014.
- Contemporary Mexican literature by female writers.
- Contemporary Mexican Theatre.
- Migration to the Mexican- US border as represented in contemporary theatre.
- Counterhistories through drama.
- Family/Gender violence in indigenous Mexican communities in contemporary theatre in education.