Postdoctoral Funding Opportunities
British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship
The School of Languages, Linguistics & Film has sustained success in securing postdoctoral funding through a range of schemes and we are now inviting outstanding early career researchers seeking support for their application to the British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme to get in touch.
Please submit the following documents to Huw Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org), the School's Research Manager, by no later than midday on Thursday 9 September 2021 (stating 'British Academy PDRF' in the subject line):
- an explanation of the reason(s) for your choice of Queen Mary as the host institution (150 words maximum)
- an outline of your proposed programme of research (1,500 words maximum)
- details of your planned research outputs, e.g. monograph, journal article(s), book chapter(s), digital resources, events, other (please specify) (300 words maximum)
- a list of existing publications (1 page maximum)
- a CV (2 pages maximum)
Your application should demonstrate:
- that you are eligible according to the BA’s criteria
- the excellence of
- your research track record and professional track record (where relevant);
- your academic record;
- the research outputs you propose, how you will structure, pursue, and complete it in the time frame, and its importance;
- the relevance of QMUL School of Languages, Linguistics & Film to your research and vice versa;
- who you would like as a mentor and why.
You are strongly encouraged, before submitting your application and time permitting, to find a mentor, provisionally agree their support, and get some feedback from them on a draft application.
Full scheme details can be found on the British Academy website.
All outline proposals will be considered in an internal selection process and candidates notified by 16 September 2021. Successful applicants will then have approximately one month to finalise their online application, due 14 October 2021.