The Department of Drama aims to:
- Emphasise openness in our research by making our research publicly available through toolkits, reports, resources, websites, podcasts, TED talks, exhibitions, films and public performances.
- Advocate for the work of artists through co-publishing and collaboration and through building infrastructures of support such as the Artist Fellows Scheme.
- Approach drama as offering a set of methodologies that can be applied to solving real world problems in collaboration with other disciplines and approaches.
- Embed research integrity within the cultures of the Department through ethical enquiry and the development of new methodologies for collaboration and engagement.
- Lead in initiatives to extend the discipline to include new and diverse participants and stakeholders.
- Promote ethically designed and sustainable collaborations with co-researchers.
- Build support for the development of impactful research.
- Build expertise through strategic partnerships and collaborations.
- Build methodologies and infrastructures for the co-creation of knowledge and the sharing of resources between the Global South and North.
- Underpin our work with best practice in research integrity and ethics.