There is a great range of facilities and practical support for you at Queen Mary.
There is a great range of facilities and practical support for you to study English and Drama at Queen Mary.
We offer students:
- 24 Hour Library The Mile End library offers 24 hour access during term time.
- Access to the University of London’s Senate House Library 7 floors, millions of books and digital resources and beautiful study spaces.
- Writers in Residence We have 3 Royal Literary Fund fellows in residence and published authors in our creative writing staff who can help improve your writing or give you pointers for your next major piece
- Canalside A relaxed study space by the canal with computers and printing facilities.
- Coffee Shops: Don’t write well in the library? We have student coffee shops on campus and within a 5-minute walk
And within the School we offer:
- Drop-in Hours Your personal adviser and tutors will have dedicated times when you can meet them to discuss your work, your grades and feedback, module selection, future plans, and signpost you to any support you might need.
- Research Centres We have experts across various research themes from Early Modern to contemporary Sexual Cultures.
- Collaborations with Cultural Industries Queen Mary is home to People’s Palace Projects and Project Phakama UK and Wasafiri Magazine three international arts organisations supported by Arts Council England. We have strong
partnerships with Live Art Development Agency, Chats Palace, Barbican, Soho Theatre and local cultural organisations.
Our Drama students benefit from subject-specific facilities, which include:
- Pinter Studio A professional 55 seater black box experimental space in the ArtsOne building
with retractable seating, projectors, full lighting rig and sound equipment.
- Film and Drama Studio A professional 70 seater theatre and film venue with retractable raked seating,
lighting and video rig and professional sound equipment including Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound.
- 3 x Rehearsal Rooms Two white box gallery-style spaces and a black box studio are available for students to book.
- Artist Research Fellowship Scheme The Department supports a community of cutting-edge artists and arts workers from a wide range of arts practices.