Mile End Library Transformation
Improvement works in the Mile End Library began on 31st May 2021.
The works are a multi-phase programme that will include:
- A redesigned building entrance, welcome hall and ground floor study spaces
- Two-storey extension to the south end of the building, providing an additional c500 study spaces
- More loanable laptops and new PCs
- Sympathetic refurbishment to the 1st and 2nd floors
- A new, enlarged Archives Reading Room
The project will continue until early 2023.
If you have questions, or need advice on using the Mile End Library during the works, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image credit: (c) Purcell Architects 2020