Feedback and Comments
Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and comments on the new Ground Floor Group Study Area so far; please keep these coming, it is really helpful to hear your thoughts on the new spaces, and how we can improve them.
The Group Study Area is too cold
We are so sorry that the space has been cold and thank you for your patience whilst we work to resolve this.
- We have reported the temperature issues to Estates and Facilities, as well as raising a request to close the windows.
- Estates have now confirmed that there is sufficient ventilation via other means, and the small upper windows have now been closed.
- We are monitoring the heating in the space and Estates will adjust this to ensure you are comfortable.
If you experience any problems at all with the temperature, please report this to a member of staff at the Welcome Desk.
The Group Study Area is too bright
The space has been designed to provide clear lighting for study purposes; we have reported this feedback and the light levels will be checked to ensure they are correct for the space.
Open the group study rooms
The Group Study Rooms on the ground floor are being used by our contractors as a staging area at the moment.
- They will be refurbished and then reopen shortly.
- Group study rooms are available on the 1st floor in Mile End Library, and in The Hive
We apologise for the inconvenience whilst they remain unavailable.
Where are the solo study tables?
The Group Study Area is designed for group study and for those who would like to work together.
- Individual study desks can be found on the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Individual quiet study will be provided in the new quiet study room opening on the ground floor soon.
Height adjustable chairs please
The chairs are height adjustable, there is a button to the right, under the seat; if you need assistance, please speak to a member of staff at the Welcome Desk.
Armrests on chairs please
We opted for chairs without armrests as this matches other parts of the building; we will continue to monitor feedback on the new furniture, please report issues to a member of staff at the Welcome Desk.
Can we have whiteboards please?
We will look into providing these, please bear with us whilst we look for suitable options.
We need a water fountain
The ground floor water fountain is within the contractor refurbishment area at the moment and therefore unavailable; it will be restored once these works are complete.
- There are water fountains located on the 1st and 2nd floors.
We apologise for any inconvenience whilst the water fountain is unavailable.