The Department of English at Queen Mary aims
- To continue to develop areas where our research has been especially distinctive, at the highest level of international excellence.
- To embed English studies research in an interdisciplinary humanities context.
- To promote work across sub-disciplines within English studies, especially collaborations between researchers.
- To remain committed to lesser-studied but distinctive aspects of the discipline.
- To promote and encourage research-led teaching in the curriculum.
- To provide departmental support structures for research.
- To engage with users of our research in academia, education, and commercial and media enterprises, based on our distinctive view of English research.
- To foster collaboration with researchers in other countries and disseminate our research to the widest international audience.
- To attract high-quality research students and post-doctoral fellows who will undertake ambitious, ground-breaking research.