QM family accommodation
1 x 1 bedroom flat, 3 x 2 bedroom flat, 1 x 3 bedroom flat.
Family flats are located in Varden Street, E1 (walking distance from Whitechapel Campus)
- Situated 1 mile from the Mile End Campus
- Good transport links to all campuses
- Excellent value for money
- Utility bills included
- Internet connection not included (additional personal charge - organised by resident)
- All flats are centrally heated and carpeted
- Room furnishings: double bed, singe bed(s), wardrobe, desk and chair, bookshelves, pin boards, desk lamp, curtains, smoke detectors, double glazed
- Lounge: Dining furniture and sofa
- Kitchen equipment: oven/hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, microwave, kettle, toaster, ironing board, heat detectors
- Bathroom: bath, shower, washbasin, toilet
- No cleaning service
- No lifts
- 24-hour support from France House Reception, Mile End Campus
Couples without children may be accommodated in one of the university's four twin rooms in Floyer House, sharing communal facilities (bathrooms and kitchen/diners) with other students.
Only one person needs to be a full-time registered student of Queen Mary to be eligible for family/couple housing. If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a family flat or twin room, you will need to seek housing in the private sector (please see alternative accommodation). You are strongly advised to come to London alone in the first instance, and once suitable accommodation is secured then bring your partner/family to join you, thus avoiding the high cost of temporary accommodation.
For information on cost, please refer to our fees page.