Skip to main content
Library Services

Apply for funding to pay Open Access Fees

Authors currently affiliated with Queen Mary University can apply for support paying open access fees. To check if your research output is eligible or to simply investigate what open access options are available to you please fill in our Open Access Fees Request Form from the link below with details of your article. After submitting your application we will assess your eligibility for open access funding and endeavour to respond within 3 working days outlining what level of support we can offer.

To check your eligibility for funding towards open access articles or conference proceedings, please complete our Open Access Request Form

Authors of UKRI funded longform publications can request open access using this form:
Open Access Fees - UKRI Longform publications

Queen Mary has an institutional fund, to pay for open access publishing costs for unfunded papers or where no other funding is available. Details outlining eligibility for the Queen Mary Open Access Fund can be found on our Open access and your funder page.

Queen Mary also has a number of deals and agreements with publishers to help reduce costs and streamline the processing of open access publishing. Access to some of these publisher agreements are dependent on your research funder, others are available to all Queen Mary authors regardless of funding.
More details of our publisher deals can be found on the Publisher Open Access Agreements page.

We currently receive open access funding to support research funded by the following organisations:  

  • Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) 
  • Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) 
  • British Heart Foundation
  • Cancer Research UK
  • Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) 
  • Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
  • Innovate UK
  • Medical Research Council (MRC) 
  • Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
  • Research England
  • Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) 
  • Wellcome Trust

For more information about research funder open access policies please see our Open access and your funder page.

For all other open access enquiries or help with the information on open access funding please contact Open Research Services.

Back to top