Should private sector debt relief be part of the Exit Strategy?
When: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Where: Online, Zoom,
Is there a case for the UK to introduce a debt reduction strategy? This may be through debt cancellation (forgiveness), debt to equity conversion or even inflation. How might this be delivered in practice? Presumably there would be consequences for creditors, such as banks and insurance companies. What might be the medium-term economic consequences in terms of inequality, investment and productivity? This maybe an opportunity to move towards more equity finance. Should this approach be the part of the Government’s Exit Strategy?
- Franklin Allen, Imperial College London
- Alexander Douglas, St Andrews University
- Rosa Lastra, Queen Mary University of London (Chair)
- Rodrigo Olivares-Caminal, Queen Mary University of London
- Katharina Pistor, Columbia University
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register and receive further details.
Join on Zoom
Zoom log-in details for the Private Debt Workshop on Thursday 14 May are as follows:
Time: May 14, 2020 02:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 813 0964 9308