The Underworld series
The series is convened by Marie Petersmann and Dimitri Van Den Meerssche and co-organised by QMUL (the Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences and the Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context) and the LSE Law School.
- Oceans (with Renisa Mawani and Surabhi Ranganathan) – 27 September 2023
- Oil / Coal (with Lys Kulamadayil and On Barak) – 25 October 2023
- Breath (with Daniela Gandorfer and Jean-Thomas Tremblay) – 22 November 2023
- Debt (with Vasuki Nesiah and Kojo Koram) – 13 December 2023
- Commons (with Isabel Feichtner and Elsa Noterman) – 24 January 2024
- Frontier(s) (with Christine Schwöbel-Patel and Cait Storr) – 28 February 2024
- Waste (with Heather Davis and Michael Hennessy Picard) – 27 March 2024
- Hope (with Claire Colebrook and David Chandler) – 24 April 2024
- Wild / Feral (with Irus Braverman and Floris De Witte) – 29 May 2024
- Vessels (with Rinaldo Walcott and Itamar Mann) – 19 June 2024
- 12 October 2022 Gerry Simpson’s The Sentimental Life of International Law
- 14 October 2022 New Directions in Law and Time Scholarship Workshop
- 12 December 2022 Taking Capital's Laws of Motion Seriously: Marxism, Law and Capitalism
- 11 April 2023 CLSGC Annual Lecture: A Century after Pan-African Congress, London: Pan-Africanism and the Making of Black Inter-national Constitution(s) with Professor Tshepo Madlingozi
- 17 April 2023 Human Rights Standards of Marriage as Response to the Need to Nudge Capitalist Expansion in the Post-Colonies
View past events from the Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context.
The directors welcome suggestions for new events – please contact one of us if you would like to collaborate.