CLSGC events are open to all. To book your place, please use the Eventbrite links on the relevant pages. Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest information.
- 20 November 2019 CLSGC Annual Lecture by Professor Fleur Johns
- 5 March 2020 Cotterrell Lecture in Sociological Jurisprudence by Professor Renisa Mawani
20 - 21 July 2020 UK-IVR 2020 Annual Conference - Law, Rationality and Practical Reason: Ancient and Contemporary Perspectives - cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic
New book symposia
- 30 October 2019 Book launch: Ratna Kapur's Gender, Alterity and Human Rights
- 11 November 2019 The Morals of the Market: Human Rights and the Rise of Neoliberalism
- 19 November 2019 The War on Drugs and the Global Colour Line
- 29 January 2020 Symposium on Timothy Hyde's Ugliness and Judgment
- 3 March 2020 Symposium on Professor Renisa Mawani's Across the Oceans
- 24 March 2020 Scandinavian Legal Realism Symposium: OUP’s new translation of Ross, On Law and Justice (This event has been cancelled)
- 21 October 2020 Book Symposium: Metaphors of Confinement: The Prison in Fact, Fiction and Fantasy (this event has been postponed)
Ad hoc seminars
- 9 October 2019 Sino-Marxism with Philipp Renninger
- 25 September 2019 ‘The Politics of Legibility: Contemporary battles over “the family” in International Human Rights Law’ with Professor Dianne Otto
View past events from the Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context.
The directors welcome suggestions for new events – please contact one of us if you would like to collaborate.
- Dr Isobel Roele: email@example.com
- Dr Eva Nanopoulos: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Noam Gur: email@example.com
- Dr Tanzil Chowdhury: Tanzil.Chowdhury@qmul.ac.uk