27 March 2015
Time: 8:00am - 5:10pm
Venue: PriceWaterhouseCoopers AG, Potsdamer Platz 11, 10785 Berlin, Germany
The 2nd Berlin EU and International Tax Conference takes place on 27 March 2015, kindly supported by PwC AG Germany. First held in 2014, the conference builds upon the success of its predecessor and the Annual Avoir Fiscal EU Tax Conference which takes place in London each January.
The speakers, including some of the leading international tax experts from the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, and other speakers from around the world, will provide an insight into the latest developments in tax law, with a particular emphasis on what is happening in practice. Our goal is to create an environment for interactive and stimulating debate between the speakers and attendees.
Download the programme [PDF 189KB] [PDF].
- 8:00-8:40 - Registration and Coffee
- 8:40-8:50 - Chairman, Professor Dr Claus Herfort, University of Luneburg, PwC Hamburg, Germany: ‘Chairman’s Welcoming Remarks’
- 8:50-9:20 - Dr Vassil Tcherveniachki, Flick Gocke Schaumburg, Bonn, Germany: ‘The permanent establishment in the focus of BEPS’
- 9:20-9:50 - Conor Quigley QC, Serle Court, London, United Kingdom, ‘State aid and individual tax arrangements’
- 9:50-10:35 - Professor Dr Gerrit Frotscher, University of Hamburg, Germany, ‘Permanent establishment: ‘BEPS and AOA – a German Perspective’
- 10:35-10:55 - Coffee Break
- 10:55-11:15 - Jonas Bley, PhD Candidate, Queen Mary University of London, Malaysia, ‘BEPS, tax treaties and developing countries’
- 11:15-12:00 - Professor Dr Hans van den Hurk, Maastricht University, The Netherlands: ‘War on taxes, what will remain from BEPS?’
- 12:00-12:30 - Professor Dr Claus Herfort, University of Luneburg, PwC Hamburg, Germany: 'Partnerships and treaties – a German approach’
- 12:30-13:30 - Lunch break
- 13:30-14:45 - ‘Roundtable: Tax Updates around the World’
- Brazil: Joao Dácio Rolim, Sao Paulo
- India: Nicolas Ramm, Pune
- ASEAN: Jonas Bley, Kuala Lumpur
- Ireland: Aisling Donohue, Dublin
- Singapore: Lian Cheng Lim, Singapore
- Spain: Dr Jorge Milla Ibanez, Valencia
- 14:45-15:15 - Professor Dr Gerard Meussen, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands, ‘BEPS and abuse of tax treaties’
- 15:15-15:30 - Coffee Break
- 15:30-16:00 - Theo Elshof, Quantera Global, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, ‘to come’
- 16:00-16:30 - Dr Renata Ardous, Mazars, London, United Kingdom, ‘BEPS and developing countries’
- 16:30-17:00 - Dr Tom O’Shea, Queen Mary University of London: ‘The UK's Diverted Profits Tax & EU Law’
- 17:00-17:10 - Wrap-Up Dr Tom O'Shea and Professor Dr Claus Herfort
This event is accredited for 10 CPD Points in the UK.
The 2nd Annual Berlin Conference on EU and International Tax Organising Committee
For directions to the venue, please refer to the map.
How to Book
Please book your seat through the QMUL Payment Portal.
- Standard Registration - £100 per delegate
- Students - £50 per delegate
For more information, please contact the CCLS Events Team on email@example.com.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event that you are attending.