Please view the information below for details of how to submit an application to study abroad with us at Queen Mary University of London.
If you have any questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for September 2021 entry has now passed. If you wish to contact us to discuss the possibility of a late application, please email us on email@example.com.
Applications for January 2022 entry (semester 2) open on 12 July 2021.
You can apply to our Study Abroad programme in the following ways:
Submit a direct application via our application links below (please scroll down). Applications for September 2021 entry (Autumn and Full year) are now open.
Please follow our step-by-step Study Abroad Programme Application Instructions [PDF 781KB] carefully in order to submit a correct and complete application for assessment.
- Through your home university. You should consult the Study Abroad Adviser at your home institution to see whether you have an existing partner agreement with Queen Mary University of London and to check whether there are any special application arrangements.
- Through a Study Abroad partner provider such as, for example, Arcadia, CAPA, IES and IFSA. Please check these organisations’ application procedures, and note that we consider applications from these routes equally and on their individual merits.
If you want to apply to study with us on the Study Abroad programme, you first need to check your eligibility. You need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have already completed a minimum of one year of university-level study
- You must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent. If you are graded on a different grading scheme, you are still welcome to apply – we welcome a range of international qualifications. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details can be found here on our academic information page.
English language requirements
- If your first language is not English or you have not studied in an English-speaking education system, we will need you to prove your English language proficiency by taking internationally validated tests, such as IELTS.
- You must meet the minimum requirements of the University in order to be eligible for the programme. Please refer to the English Language Requirements Page, which outlines the requirements for each Queen Mary department. If you are planning to take modules from across different departments the highest score will be required; for example, if you take one Arts module and three Social Sciences modules you will need IELTS 7.0 or equivalent.
- If you do not meet our minimum English Language requirements, you may be considered for the Study Abroad with English Language Programme. If you wish to apply for this programme please email us on email@example.com so that we can provide further details and advise.
Please note the below application deadlines:
Deadline for September entry: extended to 15 June for September 2021 entry
Deadline for January entry: 31 October
Applications may be considered after these dates if places are still available but it is in your interest to apply as early as possible, as applications are considered on a rolling basis. Late applicants may not be able to obtain housing on campus or register for their preferred modules. Please contact us if you wish to submit a late application on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queen Mary London Internship Programme
If applying for the Queen Mary Internship Programme, please note that this programme has earlier application deadlines:
- 1 May for September entry
- 1 October for January entry
Queen Mary welcomes students from all over the world. Our charter states that our work shall be carried out in a spirit of tolerance, freedom of opinion, mutual concern and community service, and undertakes to avoid discrimination against any person on the grounds of religion, race, sex or politics. The university has a policy statement on Equal Opportunities in Employment, which we are actively implementing. Anti-harassment procedures have been agreed, aimed at eliminating incidents of racial or sexual harassment.
We have a wide range of services and facilities for any students who have disabilities or have special requirements during their stay at Queen Mary. You will have the option to note any requirements when submitting your online application, or you can contact us to inform us of this. Please ensure you have made us aware of any requirements prior to arrival at Queen Mary.
Please view our Disability and Dyslexia pages for full details.