Gino Gancia joins QMUL as Professor of Economics. Gino held the positions of Senior Researcher at CREI (Barcelona) and Affiliated Professor of the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics. He is specialised in international trade and macroeconomics. His work focuses on the effects of economic integration on economic growth, technological change, wage inequality, firm heterogeneity and the size of governments.
- Macroeconomic Theory
- International Trade
- Economic Growth
- Epifani P., Gancia G. (2017) "Global Imbalances Revisited: The Transfer Problem and Transport Costs in Monopolistic Competition", Journal of International Economics.
- Bonfiglioli A., Crinò R., Gancia G. "Trade, Finance and Endogenous Firm Heterogeneity", Journal of the European Economic Association, (forthcoming).
- Bonfiglioli A., Crinò R., Gancia G. "Betting on Exports: Trade and Endogenous Heterogeneity", Economic Journal (forthcoming).
- Acemoglu D., Gancia G., Zilibotti F. (2015) "Offshoring and Directed Technical Change", American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics.
- Bonfiglioli A., Gancia G. (2014) "Growth, Selection and Appropriate Contracts", Review of Economic Dynamics 17(1), 21-38.
- Bonfiglioli A., Gancia G. (2013) "Uncertainty, Electoral Incentives and Political Myopia", Economic Journal 123, 373-400.
- Acemoglu D., Gancia G., Zilibotti F. (2012) "Competing Engines of Growth: Innovation and Standarization", Journal of Economic Theory.
- Bonfiglioli A., Gancia G. (2008) "North-South Trade and Directed Technical Change", Journal of International Economics 76, 276-295.