Email: email@example.comTelephone: +44 207 882 8051Room Number: GC525Website: https://sites.google.com/view/gino-gancia-qmul/homeOffice Hours: Thursday: 3pm - 4pm
Gino Gancia is Professor of Economics at Queen Mary University of London, Research Fellow of CEPR (London) and Editor of the Review of Economic Dynamics. He has been Senior Researcher at CREI and Affiliated Professor of the Barcelona GSE. Gino Gancia received his Ph.D. in Economics from IIES (Stockholm University) in 2003, and has been Visiting Scholar at MIT from 2001 to 2003. He is specialised in international trade and macroeconomics. His work focuses on the effects of economic integration on economic growth, technological change, wage inequality and the size of governments.
- Macroeconomic Theory
- International Trade
- Economic Growth
- Gancia G., Ponzetto G., Ventura J. (2020) "A Theory of Economic Unions", Journal of Monetary Economics, 109, 107-127
- Blanes S., Gancia G., Lee SYT (2019) "Who is Afraid of Machines?", Economic Policy, 34(100), 627–690
- Bonfiglioli A., Gancia G. (2019) "Heterogeneity, Selection and Labor Market Disparities", Review of Economic Dynamics, 31, 305-325
- Bonfiglioli A., Crinò R., Gancia G. (2019) "Trade, Finance and Endogenous Firm Heterogeneity", Journal of the European Economic Association, 17(1), 79-130
- Bonfiglioli A., Crinò R., Gancia G. (2018) "Betting on Exports: Trade and Endogenous Heterogeneity", Economic Journal, 128, 612-651
- Epifani P., Gancia G. (2017) "Global Imbalances Revisited: The Transfer Problem and Transport Costs in Monopolistic Competition", Journal of International Economics, 108, 99-116
- Acemoglu D., Gancia G., Zilibotti F. (2015) "Offshoring and Directed Technical Change", American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 7(3): 84-122
- Bonfiglioli A., Gancia G. (2014) "Growth, Selection and Appropriate Contracts", Review of Economic Dynamics 17(1), 21-38.
- Bonfiglioli A., Gancia G. (2013) "Uncertainty, Electoral Incentives and Political Myopia", Economic Journal 123, 373-400.
- Gancia G., Muller A., Zilibotti F. (2013) "Structural Development Accounting", Advances in Economics and Econometrics: Theory and Applications (D. Acemoglu, M. Arellano and E. Dekel eds.), Tenth World Congress of the Econometric Society, 373-418
- Acemoglu D., Gancia G., Zilibotti F. (2012) "Competing Engines of Growth: Innovation and Standarization", Journal of Economic Theory 147(2), 570-601
- Epifani P., Gancia G. (2011) "Trade, Markup Heterogeneity and Misallocations", Journal of International Economics 83(1), 1-13
- Gancia G., Zilibotti F. (2009) "Technological Change and the Wealth of Nations", Annual Review of Economics 1, 93-120
- Epifani P., Gancia G. (2009) "Openness, Government Size and the Terms of Trade", Review of Economic Studies 76, 629-668
- Bonfiglioli A., Gancia G. (2008) "North-South Trade and Directed Technical Change", Journal of International Economics 76, 276-296.
- Epifani P., Gancia G. (2008) "The Skill Bias of World Trade" Economic Journal, 118, 927-960
- Epifani P., Gancia G. (2006) "Increasing Returns, Imperfect Competition and Factor Prices", Review of Economics and Statistics 88, 583-598
- Gancia G., Zilibotti F. (2005) "Horizontal Innovation in the Theory of Growth and Development", Handbook of Economic Growth (P. Aghion and S. Durlauf eds.)
- Epifani P., Gancia G. (2005) "Trade, Migration and Regional Unemployment", Regional Science and Urban Economics 35, 625-644