Our Rankings and Reputation
2nd in LondonThe Guardian University Guide 2020
1st in LondonThe Complete University Guide 2021
Top 100 in the World for Medicine
The Queen Mary Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry programme, the same programme you’ll study in Malta, was ranked 2nd in London in the Guardian University Guide 2020, the Complete University Guide 2020 and The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019. We were also ranked second in London for student satisfaction in the 2019 National Student Survey (1st in Dentistry). QS World University Rankings 2019 placed us 3rd in the world for research citations in medicine.
World Directory of Medical Schools
We are proud to be listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools, developed through a partnership between the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER). These organisations collaborate to identify new schools for inclusion in the directory and to update existing school records.
General Medical Council
The General Medical Council (GMC) helps protect patients and improve medical education and practice in the UK by setting standards for students and doctors. Visits by the GMC monitor organisations in their compliance with the standards and requirements as set out in Promoting Excellence: Standards for medical education and training.
The GMC approval process takes the form of a year by year review, from first cohort through to graduation.
We are expecting to receive the outcome of the GMC approval process by 2022, when our first cohort will graduate.
There can be no guarantee that this will be the outcome of the quality assurance process. However, the QMUL Malta programme has contingency arrangements in place with the home university programme of QMUL in London, so that students enrolled in the programme and who are successfully passing all assessments, will be able to complete their studies and graduate with a GMC-recognised medical qualification.
The Medicine MBBS Malta currently has recognition in the countries listed below. This is not an exhaustive list as we are obtaining additional recognition often. Please use this as a reference list and do contact us for the most up-to-date version of this list.
- The National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) (Malta)
- The Medical Council of India
- Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP)
- Medical Council of China
- General Medical Council (GMC) (UK)
- French Medical Council - Ordre National des Médecins (CNOM)
- The Medical Council of Canada
- Australian Medical Council (AMC)
- American Medical Association (AMA) (except California and Texas)
- Accreditation Agency in Health and Social Sciences (AHPGS) (Germany)
- Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR)
- Italian Medical Association
- The Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
Please do contact us if you have any questions about recognition in your home country.