Energy Law: Andrew Clarke: 'The Energy Outlook and Life as an In-house Lawyer'
School of Law Podcast
18 October 2013
Listen to a podcast of ' The Energy Outlook and Life as an In-house Lawyer' (approx 40 minutes). Choose 'Play' to play video, slides and audio.
The first in a series of lectures by invited, distinguished guests. The Lecture was given by Andrew Clarke, General Counsel, Esso UK Ltd., and covered the following topics:
- Current energy use and a brief outlook of potential developments over the next 40 years
- The role of in-house lawyers in supporting / advising a large energy company
- Internal law support structures
- Career development
- Roles and responsibilities
- A typical day
- The range of work
- Opportunities and concerns
- Applying for jobs - Interview techniques