Dr Donatella D'Antoni, BSc, MSc, MRes, PhD
Lecturer in Public Health
Email: email@example.com Telephone: +44 (0) 207 882 7088Room Number: Room 15, Floor 4, Institute of Dentistry
I contribute to the development and delivery of teaching for the new distance-based MSc and Postgraduate Diploma in Dental Public Health, Policy and Leadership (DPHPL) at QMUL. I am the module lead for three online DPHPL modules: Prevention and Oral Health Promotion, Research Methods, and Qualitative Research Methods. I contribute to the delivery and assessment of teaching to undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Centre of Dental Public Health & Primary Care and wider Institute.
My research interest focuses on health behaviour change interventions, and the understanding of the determinants of health behaviour in the general public, with particular attention to preventative health behaviours. My current research aims to develop and evaluate oral health promotion interventions. I am interested in both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Muirhead, V.E, D'Antoni, D., Auyeung, V. (2020). Community pharmacy staff oral health training, training needs and professional self-efficacy related to managing children’s dental problems. Accepted by the International Journal of Pharmacy Practice on 31 March 2020. DOI: 10.1111/ijpp.12626.
- D’Antoni, D., Auyeung, V., Walton, H., Fuller, G., Grieve, A., Weinman, J. (2019). The effect of evidence and theory-based health advice accompanying air quality alerts on adherence to preventative recommendations during poor air quality days: a randomised controlled trial. Environment International 124, 216–235. DOI: 10.1016/j.envint.2019.01.002.
- Wade, D., Als, N., Bell, V., Brewin, C., D’Antoni, D., Harrison, D., Harvey, M., Harvey, S., Howell, D., Mouncey, P., Mythen, M., Richards-Belle, A., Smyth, D., Weinman, J., Welch, J., Whitman, C., Rowan, K. (2018). Providing psychological support to people in intensive care: development and feasibility study of a nurse-led intervention to prevent acute stress and long-term morbidity. BMJ Open 2018;8:e021083. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2017-021083.
- D’Antoni, D., Smith, L., Auyeung, V., & Weinman, J. (2017). Psychosocial and demographic predictors of adherence and non-adherence to health advice accompanying air quality warning systems: A systematic review. Environmental Health: A Global Access Science Source, 16(1). DOI: 10.1186/s12940-017-0307-4.
- Smith, L. E., D’Antoni, D., Jain, V., Pearce, J. M., Weinman, J. A., & Rubin, G. J. (2016). A systematic review of factors affecting intended and actual adherence with antiviral medication as treatment or prophylaxis in seasonal and pandemic flu. Influenza And Other Respiratory Viruses, 10(6), 462–478. DOI: 10.1111/irv.12406.