Give us a call
You can book the following services over the phone by calling us on 020 7882 8533
- Careers guidance appointments
- Practise interviews
Please note that we do not arrange appointments via email (except if you are abroad and unable to call in to the UK, in which case we can then arrange the appointment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org).
The majority of careers appointments are being conducted remotely via MS Teams, however we do have some in-person appointments available on campus from Monday 28th September. Please call us on 020 7882 8533 to book an appointment on campus.
How to prepare for your appointment via MS Teams
Before your appointment, you will need to either download the MS Teams App onto your mobile or tablet, or download the MS Teams desktop version onto your computer.
If you are a student with an active QMUL email address, please log into MS Teams ahead of your appointment and wait for your Adviser to call you. You will need to sign in to MS Teams using the following format: email@example.com e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a graduate using a non-QMUL email address, you will receive a calendar invitation from email@example.com inviting you to a meeting on MS Teams at your appointment time. At the time of your appointment, please follow the calendar invitation link and join the meeting.
To make the most of your appointment, we recommend that you test your audio and visual settings before the call.
If you have any documents you would like the adviser to look at during the appointment e.g. a CV / Cover letter, please send the documents you would like reviewing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 60 minutes before your appointment. Documents are requested to be sent beforehand to ensure no time is wasted in the meeting, but please note that the advisers will not review the documents beforehand. They will review the document with you together in your meeting, to ensure that their approach is tailored to your specific needs and situation.
Graduates: If you have just graduated, you can still access QM Careers Hub, however your student details will no longer work and you will need to register for an alumni account. Once you have registered, the Careers team will approve this and merge your existing student account with your new alumni account so you don’t lose any of your profile. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
How to prepare for your appointment on campus
Please read our Terms & Conditions for attending a careers appointment in-person. You ask that you abide by the 15 steps to keep yourself and others safe (full details in the Ts & Cs).
- We ask that if you or anyone you are living with are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 - high temperature, continuous cough, loss of sense of taste or smell, then you must not come onto campus to attend your appointment. If you do attend the Centre and are displaying symptoms, we will politely ask you to return home and rebook with us on another day once you have recovered and honoured the government’s self-isolation guidance.
- You will need to wear a face covering for the entirety of your appointment. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering you will need to ask the Disability and Dyslexia Service for a sunflower lanyard to wear so it’s clear to our staff you are exempt. If you arrive at your appointment without a face covering or sunflower lanyard, your appointment will not go ahead.
- You must send over any documents you would like reviewing in your appointment, at least 60 minutes in advance of your appointment. Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents are requested to be sent beforehand to ensure no time is wasted in the meeting, but please note that the advisers will not review the documents beforehand. They will review the document with you together in your meeting, to ensure that their approach is tailored to your specific needs and situation.
- You must bring your own device (laptop or tablet) to the appointment with a copy of any documents you would like reviewing already saved on it. We will not accept paper copies of documents in the appointment.
- You will be expected to wipe down your chair (and table if necessary) after your appointment.
- You must have MS Teams already downloaded onto your device. Please click here to download MS Teams. Your Adviser will use MS Teams to go through your documents with you – the adviser will have your document/s open on their laptop and you will have it open on your device, so as to avoid any contact and reduce the risk of infection.
- If the weather is good, your Adviser may invite you to have your appointment outside. If you would prefer not to go outside for reasons of confidentiality or otherwise, then this is your choice and the Adviser will fully respect this.