Mr Trevor Prior
Senior Clinical Lecturer
Centre: Sports and Exercise Medicine
Mr Prior has over 30 years of experience specialising in biomechanics of the lower limb, orthoses, gait analysis, sports injuries, the diabetic foot and foot surgery. He is a Consultant Podiatric Surgeon at Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and has recently joined the Centre of Sports and Exercise Medicine as a Senior Clinical Lecturer. He has helped develop the first Post Graduate Certificate in Podiatric Sports Medicine which took its first cohort in 2016.
I have always been keen to implement research into the clinical environment to facilitate best practice and evidenced-based care. By joining the team at QMUL and contributing to the MSc in Sports and Exercise Medicine, the intercalated BSc in Sports & Exercise Medicine and developing the Post Graduate Certificate in Podiatric Sports Medicine, I hope to develop the Podiatric Sports Medicine specialist of the future and contribute to the evidence base. The unique structure, facilities and multidisciplinary expertise within the department is ideal and I would like to evaluate the assessment of sports specific technique with the aim of predicting, preventing and managing injury.
- PRIOR TD, Bacterial resistance, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, and its implications to patient management, The Journal of the Society of Chiropodists, 1988; Vol, 43, pp 234-237.
- Prior TD, Banks S, Rohatiner A, Central nervous system involvement in meningeal leukaemia causing pain in the foot, The Foot, 1994, Vol 4, pp 106-107.
- Prior T D, Patel S, The efficacy of Terbinafine in the management of pedal mycotic infections, The British journal of Podiatric Medicine & Surgery, 1995, Vol 7, No 1, pp 14-17.
- Prior TD, Tollafield DR, Sports Injuries, Ch. 16, Clinical skills in managing the foot, edited by Tollafield DR, Merriman L, published by Churchill Livingstone, 1997
- Prior TD, Grace DL, MacLean JB, Allen PW, Chapman PG, Day A, Correction of hallux abductus valgus by Mitchell’s metatarsal osteotomy: comparing standard fixation methods with absorbable polydioxanone pins, The Foot, 1997, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp121-125
- Prior T D, Gardiner A, Thomas A, Maitland P, Footwear requirements of patients with diabetes mellitus, Diab Foot 2000, Vol. 3, No. 1, 24-28
- Prior TD, Gardiner A, Soo J, Lower limb amputations in people with diabetes, Diab Foot 2000, Vol. 3, No. 4, 125-132
- Prior TD, New modalities in the management of running injuries, In: Marathon Medicine, Ed Tunstall Pedoe, Roy Soc Med Press, 2001: 311-317
- Ferrari J, Higgins JPT, Prior TD, Interventions for treating hallux valgus (abductovalgus) and bunions. Cochrane Library, 2004, Issue 1.
- Prior TD, The management of soft tissue disorders: the role of the podiatrist. In: Soft tissue rheumatology, eds: Hazelman B, Riley G, Speed C, Oxford University Press, Oxford 2004: 318-326
- Mathieson I, Upton D, Prior TD, Examining the validity if selected measures of foot type, J Am Pod Med Ass, May/June 2004, Vol. 94(3): 282-281