The William Harvey Research Foundation is a charity promoting and supporting fundamental research into cardiovascular and inflammatory disease, leading to new understanding of the human body, which advances the discovery of new medicines. This pioneering work is pursued by world-leading scientists at the William Harvey Research Institute (WHRI).
The Foundation supports WHRI research primarily in the following areas:
- high blood pressure, heart disease
- heart disease and myocardial infarction
- diet and vascular health
- kidney disease
- septic shock and organ failure
- inflammatory diseases, rheumatism and arthritis
- inflammatory and vascular diseases of the gut
- hormonal control of vascular health
- bone disease
The Foundation seeks to strengthen these efforts to develop innovative treatments by supporting essential research, with new funds for project grants, PhD studentships and academic chairs in recognition of outstanding achievement.
Find out more about the William Harvey Research Foundation.