Skip to main content
Advice and Counselling Service

Access to Queen Mary services

Information around accessing Queen Mary services while interrupting, re-sitting out of attendance or if you have withdrawn or have been de-registered from your course.

The Queen Mary University of London regulations state that if you are not enrolled or registered you may not use most Queen Mary facilities. 

This normally includes people who have withdrawn but also students who have interrupted their studies, or who are re-sitting out of attendance. 

Once you have withdrawn you will no longer have access to most Queen Mary facilities.

If you have interrupted or are re-sitting out of attendance and the exception to this is if your academic school agrees to make a request for you to have use of a facility that they feel you specifically need. If you feel that there are strong reasons why your studies are being adversely affected because you do not have access to a certain Queen Mary facility during your interruption or re-sit out of attendance, contact your academic school to discuss this. There is more information on the Queen Mary Registry webpages. 

If you are in the UK with Student Immigration Permission, you are not normally able to remain in the UK while you are not attending your course.  For information visit about how your Student Immigration Permission is affected visit our Changes to your Studies page for international students.

Academic school or institute

Check with your academic school what contact you can expect to have with academic staff during a period of interruption or re-sitting out of attendance. Some schools have specific support in place to help students to remain engaged with their studies and to remedy any academic issues that have affected progression.  

If you are a research student contact the Research Degrees Office. 

You could also contact the Queen Mary learning development team if you need help planning your revision.


You automatically have access to the library with limited borrowing rights.

IT Services 

Your access to IT Services will normally remain the same while you are interrupting or re-sitting out of attendance. However, if you do not use your email account for a long time, you may be sent an email asking if you want to keep the account open. If you do not respond to this email, and you are not enrolled, your email account will be disabled. Contact IT Services with any queries. 

Careers and Enterprise Service

Disability and Dyslexia Service

Even if the Disability and Dyslexia Service do not already support you, you can still contact them to discuss support while you are interrupting or re-sitting out of attendance or for when you return to study. 

Advice and Counselling Service

Back to top