About the Queen Mary Academy
The Academy works with staff and research students to develop and enhance their practice. We deliver a comprehensive academic practice development portfolio, which enables staff and research students to progress their careers and achieve recognition. We offer a range of developmental activity to support development in our Schools and Institutes, and institution-wide.
Our programmes are inclusive and accessible, using a mixed model of delivery combining online and in-person pedagogy. Our taught programmes and teaching recognition programme are accredited by Advance HE.
We collaborate with the Queen Mary community, both staff and students on strategic projects to deliver Queen Mary’s 2030 Strategy. Located within the Office of the Principal, the Queen Mary Academy reports to the Vice-Principal (Education) and has a dotted-line report to the Vice-Principal (Research) to ensure strategic alignment in our approach.
Our Advisory Group includes educational experts from the UK and beyond, and ensures that we benchmark our offer against global best practice.
Our vision is to inspire excellence and innovation in educational and research practice, supporting Queen Mary’s vision: to be 'the most inclusive university of its kind, anywhere' and to 'open the doors of opportunity'.
We will achieve this through:
- delivering sector leading opportunities for academic practice development which enable the delivery of:
an outstanding, inclusive, world-class education and student experience and
distinctive, world-leading, curiosity-driven, and applied research
- collaborating widely and co-creating our programmes
- building communities which advance educational and research practice using approaches such as peer-support, mentoring, and collaboration
- providing education and research leadership development opportunities and career-long support
- promoting and supporting a culture of educational and research excellence
- recognising the achievements of the academic community through our programmes, events, and schemes
- contributing to the key strategic aims of the University
- creating an inclusive community and culture.
Our Queen Mary Academy Annual Impact Report 20/21 [PDF 1,022KB] presents the impact of the Academy during our first full year of operation.