External advisory board
The Queen Mary Academy External Advisory Group includes educational experts from the UK and beyond, and ensures that we benchmark our offer against global best practice.
About our External Advisory Board
The Board meets once a year, and members are drawn from a range of sector bodies and higher education institutions.
The recommendations of the External Advisory Board are presented to the Education Quality & Standards Board (EQSB) and help to inform the Queen Mary Academy’s planning and future priorities.
Terms of reference
- to advise on the Academy’s scope of provision (including face-to-face, online and blended delivery), providing feedback and helping to identify opportunities to ensure that our offer remains relevant, exciting, engaging, and current.
- to support the Academy in ensuring the quality of provision through benchmarking against sector standards
- to consider a range of external influences which may impact on the Academy’s future activities
- to formulate findings and make recommendations.
The External Advisory Board will normally comprise the following:
- External Chair, representative from research-intensive university
- Representative from Advance HE
- Representative from Vitae
- Representative from UKCGE
- Representative from an international university
- Representative(s) from Industry or Employer Sector
- Vice-Principal (Education), Queen Mary University of London
- Director, Queen Mary Academy
- Head of Education Programmes, Queen Mary Academy
- Head of Innovation and Learning, Queen Mary Academy
- Head of Researcher Development, Queen Mary Academy
- Head of Strategy and Administration, Queen Mary Academy
- Dr Jon Turner, Director, Institute for Academic Development, University of Edinburgh - Chair
- Cathy Baxter, Head of Talent Engagement (Student Recruitment), PWC
- Helen Bråten, Senior Adviser, NOKUT (the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education)
- Emma Caseley, Head of Strategy and Administration, Queen Mary Academy
- Professor Janet De Wilde, Director, Queen Mary Academy
- Dr Jonelle Harvey, Professional Standards Specialist, Royal Society of Chemistry
- Dr Owen Gower, Director, UK Council for Graduate Education
- Shoshi Ish-Horowicz, Head of Innovation and Learning, Queen Mary Academy
- Professor Stephanie Marshall, Vice-Principal (Education)
- Dr Anna Price, Head of Researcher Development, Queen Mary Academy
- Dr Katie Wheat, Head of Engagement and Policy, Vitae
- Rachel Witton, Head of Membership, Advance HE