Skip to main content
Centre for Commercial Law Studies

Legacy - Further Information

Our courses may only run for a moment in time, but the benefits of our research and learning last a lifetime.

Leaving a gift in your Will to CCLS is easy to do. Every gift is welcome, whether it is a modest sum of money or even 1% of your estate (so that those closest to you inherit the remaining 99%)

As an exempt charity (part of Queen Mary University of London) your gift to CCLS will be tax efficient which means your estate can reduce its inheritance tax.

All you need do is inform your professional adviser of our details below:

Queen Mary University of London registered charity number 1113376 (for the purposes of the Centre for Commercial Law Studies)

Over 40 years ago Sir Roy Goode’s inspiration led to the foundation of CCLS – but we, and Sir Roy, are eager to ensure the life of CCLS grows and shares its expertise for many generations to come. Your gift can make it happen.

Professor Ian Walden, Director of the Centre for Commercial Law Studies and the CCLS Development Board will ensure your bequest will provide the maximum benefit to CCLS. Your first consideration should be your family, but remembering CCLS also, enables you to merge your financial planning and charitable giving aspirations. Gifts of all sizes are greatly appreciated.

See here how we can help you.