News and Events
- 30 June 2021 - Keeping it Legal: Future Challenges in Insurance and the Role of Law and Regulation
- 1 April 2021 - Decarbonising the Aviation Transport Sector: Policy Actions and Ambitious Plans
- 25 March 2021 - Hijacked! - Resolving a Marine Kidnap for Ransom Incident in West Africa
- 9 December 2020: Maritime Law 5th edition: Book Launch and Panel Discussion
- 12 November 2020: Watch FCA test case on business interruption (BI) insurance coverage
- 29 October 2020: Watch Insurance brokers and their role
- 10 September 2020: Watch Insurable Interest and the Law book launch
- 17 June 2020: Watch Two Perspectives on Ship Finance: English jurisdiction clauses and Innovation
- 11 December 2019: Prof. Sir Bernard Rix will give a public lecture entitled Judging Insurance, Shipping and Aviation Disputes: Principle and Pragmatism.
Latest news from the Insurance, Shippping and Aviation Law Institute.
Queen Mary academic wins award for book on Insurable Interest
15 October 2021
Dr Franziska Arnold-Dwyer won the BILA Book Prize 2021 for her book ‘Insurable Interest and the Law’ published by Routledge.
Professor Miriam Goldby was seconded to the Law Commission on a part-time basis starting November 2020 to work on their Digital Assets project.