CCLS Professors Hörnle and Mistelis giving open guest lectures in Singapore in August
Julia Hörnle, Professor in Internet Law, will give a presentation on "how Internet companies (search engines, social media platforms, e-commerce companies) collect data from online users for marketing and profiling purposes" at the British Council. During August Professor Hörnle is teaching Cyberlaw and Cybercrime Law at the National University of Singapore.
Professor Hörnle's seminar will consider:
- Legal aspects of online profiling through technologies such as cookies, etags and others under privacy & data protection laws, consumer protection laws and Codes of Conduct
- What amounts to personal data
- What are the privacy risks
- Who controls the technology
- What laws apply are some of the questions covered, looking in particular at online behavioural advertising and persuasion profiling
Date: Thursday 22 August 2013
Time: 19.00 to 21.00
Venue: British Council, 30 Napier Road, Singapore 258509
This event is free to attend but places are limited, please register with the British Council direct: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QueenMary_22Aug
Loukas Mistelis, Director of the School of International Arbitration and the Clive M Schmitthoff Professor of Transnational Commercial Law and Arbitration, will give the National University of Singapore's "Kwa Geok Choo Distinguished Visitors Lecture" on 'Is there A Transnational Arbitration?'.
Date: Thursday 29 August 2013
Time: 18:00 to 20:00
Venue: Moot Court, next to the summit cafeteria, NUS Faculty of Law
This event is free to attend but places are limited, please register online.