Dr Rui Pires Martins, PhD Molecular Biology and Genetics, CMI Level 7 Coaching and Mentoring
Researcher Development Adviser (Postdocs and ECRs)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 2816Room Number: Third Floor, Department W
Prior to his current role, Rui was an EMBO Postdoctoral Research Fellow at The Gurdon Institute, Cambridge University. Afterwards, he took a postdoctoral position in the burgeoning Institute of Bioengineering in the School of Engineering and Materials Science, QMUL, from 2009-2013. Rui provides strategic, developmental programmes, advice and bespoke support for the development and enhancement of researcher development across QMUL. Rui co-ordinates and delivers on the development programme for postdoctoral and early career research staff.
Rui is the main contact for the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers and the HR Excellence in Research Award for QMUL, and is also the Euraxess Local Contact.
Outside of QMUL, Rui advises the London and UK Postdocs Groups, and sits on the UK Research Staff Association, and the CEDARS Steering Group (Vitae).
You might want to get in touch directly with Rui if you:
- Have any questions about the research staff development courses or workshops
- Would like to book a 1-to-1 Coaching Session to discuss your development while a member of research staff at QMUL
- Have a question about QMUL's efforts at implementing the RD Concordat
- Have a question about the Euraxess initiative, or about a QMUL posting you saw advertised on the Euraxess portal
- Have a question about the CEDARS survey
Please note that I will be working from home during the COVID closure period. Email or MS Teams (for QM Staff and Students) are the best ways to reach me.