Skip to main content
International students

Payment methods

Fees are due and payable before enrolment. Payment can be made at any time during the year prior to enrolment. Please select from the following payment methods.

Online payment

This is the fastest method of payment.

Online payment

Bank transfer

Account Name: Queen Mary University of London
Sort code: 205730
Account number: 20218782
Swift number: BARCGB22
IBAN number: GB37BARC20573020218782

Barclays Bank PLC, 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP

The payment reference must include student name, student number and reason for transfer. Please ensure that the transfer includes any charges made by your own bank and the receiving bank.

Pay via Transfermate (International Payments in Local Currency)

If you are paying from overseas, you can pay your fees via bank transfer or international card in your local currency via the Barclays-Transfermate payment solution. You will need your Student ID which can be found on any correspondence from Queen Mary University of London.

Benefits of Transfermate The Barclays-Transfermate solution provides a secure mechanism of paying your fees to Queen Mary and offers a number of benefits, which includes:

  • You can pay in your local currency to a local bank account
  • Competitive exchange rates which are visible upfront and guaranteed for 48 hours
  • 24 hour support through Transfermate’s multi-lingual support team
  • Full visibility of where your funds are at any point in time via real time 24 hour online payment tracking (along with SMS/ email notifications)

Pay via Barclays-Transfermate

Sanction Countries

Queen Mary University of London bankers, Barclays plc, in common with other UK banks are subjected to a series of regulations surrounding international payments that originate directly or indirectly from a number of countries which are subjected to economic sanction. These countries are Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Myanmar (Burma), North or South Sudan, Syria and Venezuela. Students must NOT make payment originating from these countries without the University‚Äôs approval. This can be obtained by contacting Hardeep Gill You must ensure that any payments from sponsors to the University are only for amounts due to the University. Any monies due to you from the sponsor must be made directly to you. Should you be in any doubt about whether a payment falls into this category, or wish to discuss this further, please contact Hardeep Gill, for further information.

Back to top