Skip to main content
Human Resources

Fixed Term Contracts

Code of Practice

Key Concepts

Policy on the Use of Fixed-Term Contracts

Request to End or Extend an Appointment

There is a form to be completed if there is a request to end or extend a fixed term contract appointment.  Your HR Advisor should be contacted for advice and assistance. 

Appeal Form


Not automatically. Each case is decided on its merits by the head of department. You can also find more information about maternity leave and fixed term contracts in our Employee Guide to Maternity Leave [PDF 178KB] document.

Back to top