Tuition fees for undergraduate degrees
There are different tuition fees for our undergraduate courses. What you pay depends on whether you come from the UK, the EU or the rest of the world.
Fees for UK undergraduates
These rates apply to new and current students from the UK.
- £9,250 if you started your course in 2017-18 or later
- £9,000 if you started your course between 2012-13 and 2017-18
MBBS and BDS programmes
If you are from the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you are charged a higher rate for the clinical years of the MBBS and BDS programmes.
If you are an MBBS student who transfers to Queen Mary for one year as part of an intercalated degree programme, you pay the same fee rate as for the rest of your MBBS.
EU students starting courses in 2021
For information about fee liability for EU/EEA/Swiss nationals starting courses in 2021/22 please refer to the Admissions fee status assessment web pages.
International tuition fees
Fees for international students vary depending on the course. You will find details of fees for international students on each course page in our course finder.
- £9,250 if you are starting an integrated degree programme in Science and Engineering in 2021-22
- £19,250 if you are starting the one-year International Foundation Year in Humanities and Social Sciences or Science and Engineering pathways
- £23,950 if you are starting the International Foundation Year – Medical pathway
If you start your course on or after 1 August 2018 the 2020-21 tuition fee will be £9,250. This will no longer be paid by the NHS. See more information on the new funding arrangements for this course.
If you are a continuing home or EU student, who started your course before 1 August 2018, your fees will continue to be paid by the NHS.
The annual fee is £27,900.
Extra Mural Fees
- For details on fees payable for Exchange programmes, Semesters or Years Abroad as a Queen Mary student please visit the Global Engagement Office webpages
- For details on fees payable on Exchange programmes, Semesters of Years Abroad at Queen Mary as a student of another University, please visit the Global Engagement Office webpages
- Fees payable by Home students who take a Year in Industry as part of their programme are £1,850
- Fees payable by Overseas students who take a Year in Industry as part of their programme are £3,700
A few courses include compulsory field trips, which have a separate fee in addition to your tuition fees. These fees cannot be covered by a tuition fee grant or loan from the Student Loans Company. For more information, please contact the relevant department or school (contact details can be found on each course page).
Tuition fee regulations
Like all other UK universities, Queen Mary is bound by legislation and Government regulations on fees.
Queen Mary's tuition fee regulations are outlined in this document:
University Fee Regulations 2021/22
These regulations are updated every year, you can access a list of archived and present University Fee Regulations documents.