Skip to main content

Funding your studies

Going to university is a big investment in your future. Loans, grants and bursaries can offer you financial support while you study.

UK Government Student Finance

The UK government provides a package of financial support for undergraduate students, called Student Finance. We have written a guide all about how much funding you can get, who is eligible, how to apply, and how repayments work.

If you are a medical and dental students - please read our specific guide.

Students from the EU, EEA or Switzerland

You may also be eligible for UK government Student Finance depending on your circumstances. Please check our guidance for EU, EEA and Swiss nationals.

It is also important to understand your rights to live in the UK and whether you need immigration permission to study. Please read our guidance.

If your tuition fee status is overseas please read our funding information for international students.

Care leavers and estranged students

You may be care experienced or otherwise not in contact with your family (estranged). We will help you transition to university and support you throughout your course. We can help you apply for your Student Finance. Please see our web pages below which explain the available support, and how to access it:

Care experienced students 

Students without family contact 

Students from a refugee or asylum background 

Money advice and support

Managing your money is an important part of your student life.

Our Advice and Counselling service provides confidential advice and guidance to help you with this. We can help you work out whether you are eligible for funding and how much money you will get. We support prospective students as well as current students, so you can contact us anytime before you have enrolled.

You can find useful information in our guides:

Undergraduate funding

Additional funding you may be eligible for 

How to plan your budget 

Money saving ideas 

What to do if your student finance is delayed 

Back to top